Liverpool Acoustic are hosting another of their popular Liverpool Acoustic Afternoon events this Saturday 7th June 2014 at the View Two Gallery, our regular home on Mathew Street in the heart of the Cavern Quarter.
The afternoon sees two talented acts each playing a 20 minute set.
- Acoustic Tales are a Liverpool duo, featuring singer songwriter Joan Isaacs and guitarist Kevin Isaacs. Their melodic sound has a Jazz tinge, as reflected in songs such as ‘Life Long Friend’ and ‘How Long’.
- Mojo Storm - Combining Kevin Paton’s lilting West African twelve-string guitar and soulful conscious lyrics with Phil Hargreaves’ jazz/reggae inflected saxes and flute to produce an infectious, joyful sound that tempers an anger at injustice with a sense of delight at the beauties of the world, Mojo Storm are coming from Liverpool straight to your heart.
The rest of the time is filled with 10 minute open mic slots, available on a first come, first served basis.
The event runs from 1pm to 4pm, and the gallery is open from 12pm to 5pm.
Liverpool Acoustic co-organiser Graham Holland said “The Liverpool Acoustic Afternoons have become so popular we’ve been forced to arrange extra dates this year. And why not? It’s a great way to spend a chilled out Saturday afternoon in a warm, inviting venue with great music and good company.”
The music takes place in the third floor performance space, and the bar will be open serving tea, coffee, soft drinks and alcohol.
- Event: Liverpool Acoustic Afternoon
- Artists: Acoustic Tales, Mojo Rising, plus Open Mic
- Date: Saturday 7th June 2014
- Times: 1pm to 4pm (venue open 12pm to 5pm)
- Venue: View Two Gallery, 23 Mathew St, Liverpool L2 6RE
- Tickets: FREE
Liverpool Acoustic Afternoon – Saturday 7th June 2014