Voting is now open for the first ever Liverpool Music Awards.
The judges scrutinised all of the nominations, shortlisting three in each category, and these were announced at the launch party at Erics on 10th October.
The fantastic news, as far as we’re concerned, is that Liverpool Acoustic Live has been shortlisted for the Live Music Night of the Year.
So… if you get the chance, please follow the link, register, and vote – it would make us very happy to know that the acoustic side of the Liverpool music scene is being recognised alongside the indie, pop, dance, rock, and classical music. And it’s really easy to register using your facebook or twitter login.
UPDATE – Voting closed at midnight on 2nd November.
Nominations (and helpful hints)
Many people dismissed the Liverpool Music Awards before they’d even started, so it’s great to see such a wide range of music and genres represented in the list of nominations.
We thought we’d reproduce the categories and nominees here, along with helpful hints where some of our favourite acoustic artists are involved.
- Liverpool Acoustic
- Monday Club
- Harvest Sun presents
- *Special mention: Festevol
ONE TO WATCH
- All We Are – Alternative folk and psych-tinged pop from Richard O’Flynn’s band.
- The Hummingbirds - Perennial favourites and one of the hardest working bands around
- *Special mention went to 15 year old singer-songwriter Dominic Dunn who was too young to be nominated
- Ali Ingle – Singer-songwriter from Widnes who has come on in leaps and bounds since playing at our first ever Liverpool Acoustic Live in February 2009
- Robert Vincent – Played at Liverpool Acoustic Afternoon @ Threshold this year, and is a regular at Woodward’s. Great stuff.
- Esco Williams
- Kathryn Rudge
- Lizzie Nunnery - A firm Liverpool Acoustic favourite, and one of the most distinctive singers and songwriters in the UK today. She is taking part in the Irish Sea Sessions this year, and is launching her new album Black Hound Howling on Thursday 25th October at the Scandinavian Church – details here.
- Rebecca Ferguson
- Man Get Out
- Stealing Sheep - What’s there not to like about Stealing Sheep? Becky, Emily and Lucy noisily drench their DIY pop in hazy shades of psychedelic folktronica. We love it when musical descriptions and boundaries are challenged!
- Tea Street Band
- Bang On – Got It
- Tea Street Band – Summer Dreaming
- Sound of Guns – Antarctica
- Stealing Sheep – Into The Diamond Sun
- Bill Ryder-Jones – If
- Ian McNabb – Little Episodes
- James Rand
- Lee Butler
- Bernie Connor
- *Special mention: Anton Powers & Jessica Doyle
- The Caledonia - We’ve gone for ‘The Cally’ because of their support for free live music, particularly their support for bluegrass/country/roots music, and local jazz.
- The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic
- The Kazimier
- Bold Management
- Josh Mateer
- Charlotte Bower
- Mike Cave
- Rob Whiteley
- Mike Crossey
- AntiPop – with no out-and-out acoustic labels in this category, we’re sticking our colours on AntiPop Records, the home of The Dead Class, The Drellas, and The Vermin Suicides.
- Viper Recordings
- *Special mention: Payper Tiger
- Parr Street Studios
- Creative Minds Charity
- *Special mention: Whitewood
Award Event – 17th November
Hosting the awards night at The Dome is BBC Radio 2 DJ Janice Long, and there will be performances from chart-topping band Lawson, Liverpool indie popsars The Wombats, X Factor finalist Craig Colton, MOBO Unsung Award winner Esco Williams, plus more acts yet to be announced. Money raised on the night will be in aid of Youth Music charity.
Full details can be found at liverpoolmusicawards.com
Voting open for Liverpool Music Awards 2012